Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sea Project- colour test

I batch rendered the two horses I animated in maya so I got a picture for every frame instead of a movie file. This is so I can go into Photoshop and add paint effects such as longer manes and water splashes. Being able to use Maya in such a way allows me to be more expressive with the brush strokes in Photoshop and I can individually alter each image without worrying about the placement of the horses. There's also the fact that I've saved myself a lot of animating time due to the software's ability to put the in-between animation in for me. I can therefore put more time into the artistic side of the project instead of focusing most of it on the technical movements.

Below is the first frame- here I just experimented with colours. More horses will join the two in this one and now that I've already got the movement in Maya it's just a case of altering the movement of the heads so they don't all look the same in the final shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment