Thursday 18 October 2012

More Life Drawing

Second life drawing class. I didn't really use any new techniques or ones I had learnt at A-level this time round. Instead I practiced adding tone to the body and just getting proportions correct.

 
Warm up exercises (2 minutes each). It looks like a small animation as she rolls to get up.
 
 
 
15 minute pose. With this one I measured out proportions as best I could using a basic stick shape and then building the muscle up from there. I like everything about this picture but the right arm (her right) is too thin and her hand needs to be bigger.
 
 
15 minute pose again. (Please excuse the creases!) This time I used the charcoal to not draw the tone in but rub tone in using the long side of the media. I don't really like this method, I prefer sketching it in and making bold, dark shadows. The feet are not quite right either, the toes of the left foot are too short.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment