Wednesday 3 October 2012

Life Drawing

This is my first life drawing class since A-Level and I used a few of the techniques I picked up from previous classes to get various results.
These are the quick two minute sketches just as a warm up. When I do fast poses like these I leave the head as an oval and concentrate more on the body. That way I can get everything done in the two minutes and if I have time left I move back to the head and add detail. After analysing these sketches I've noticed the drawing far left has a body that is too elongated in the back however the drawing middle right has good perspective on the legs and is in good proportion considering these were two minutes.

This one was a ten minute pose and I revised a technique I learnt in A-Level by drawing the figure using only straight lines. For me, it feels like he is a statue, similar to "The Thinker" by Auguste Rodin as it conveys a muscular, chiselled style.


In order to truly understand the human figure it was necessary to complete an exercise whereby I could not look at the paper and instead I was forced to focus all my attention onto the model. In all fairness I didn't do a bad job! I employed the continuous line technique for this one in order for there to be some sort of shape at the end! In a strange way it reminds me of the Abzorbaloff from Doctor Who.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment