Tuesday 16 October 2012

Despatched

This is my miniature storyboard to show two characters meeting, one moving at a faster pace than the other. It had to be between 7 and 20 frames long but they had to have interesting compositions so if it was to turn into an animation the audience wouldn't get bored with the sequence.
After watching the Waltz of Bashir earlier today, I was influenced to create a story sequence about a war. The sequence is set in World War 1, I studied it at History GCSE and the war is quite personal to me as well because my Great Grandad was a Despatch Rider. I feel these riders don't get the recognition they deserve because they had a very dangerous job, riding over 'No Man's Land' dodging shells, gunfire etc to deliver their messages. It's also where my love for horses comes from. This is in his memory.






Below is photographic reference (and proof that I'm not lying!). This is my Great Grandad in World War 1.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment