Monday 8 October 2012

Animation Principles

A brief was given whereby I had to animate to an image of my choosing in 12 drawings from an image given to me from another student in class. In other words I am morphing an image someone else has drawn into my image. The end result will be a film made by the entire class where each of us completes a second in the sequence.
Below are some of the drawings I have done where I am morphing a CD player (which is someone else's drawing) and turning it into a dragon (my drawing). Some are not perfect but when each image is going to be on screen for 0.08 of a second, they are not meant to be perfection.






 This is my starting image, given to me by one of my classmates. This is the last image in their sequence.
 Below is my last image which I have given to the next person in the sequence as their starting image.
The final morph video is below. It's been captured using a Rostrum Camera, a specially designed camera used in filmmaking to animate a still picture or object. In other words I took a picture of every one of my drawings and joined them all together on the computer to get a moving image. It's not the regular 25 frames per second as is normal animation but instead is 12 frames per second. This is to get me introduced to the traditional world of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment