Tuesday 2 October 2012

Here are some of my sketches of Mr Power Ranger in various locations around Falmouth and the University Campus.
I like to sketch mainly in pen because I enjoy making very rough, sketchy images. Using pen has also taught me not to be too precious with my pictures.
I can easily point out errors with the image above: the keyboard isn't quite to scale with the toy and doesn't show enough perspective. The keyboard should get smaller the further away it gets from my eye.
 In the past I've used pencil and spent hours perfecting an image and constantly rubbing out lines that are out of place. With pen I am forced to keep the lines I don't like. It's important especially in animation as storyboard artists must be able to draw very simple drawings at a fast pace no matter how bad they may look.
 
 
I kept the toy at the bottom of my sketchpad this time to emphasise its small size so my eye towers above it. Why is it looking to the left? Is it climbing upwards towards its past and attempting to meet and conquer it? Its aggressive stance suggests it has a brave character and no matter how small he is, he will rise up above his problems and fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment