Thursday 1 November 2012

Life Drawing

More life drawing. This time I had to begin by drawing the figure from a five minute pose down to a minute pose. My main aim each time is to capture the basic structure of the form first and then fill in the detail/shadows. Sometimes when I draw a section I know isn't quite right, I desperately want to dwell on it and correct it but it's all about ignoring what has happened and finish the shape then go back over what is wrong.



Top right to Top left: 5 minute pose, 4 minute pose, 2 minute pose
Bottom right to left: 3 minute pose, minute pose.

 
 

The following was about simplifying the shape down into cylindrical forms, basically drawing a mannequin but making sure I portrayed perpective and proportions correctly. The drawing on the right is in proportion but not in perspective as I'm supposed to be looking up at the figure not head on. When I was drawing, I was in eyeline with his knee so everything above that is looking down on me.



I then experimented using ink and a paintbrush. It's all about using large, expressive brush strokes to achieve a form. I didn't like this media, I've used it before and I think I should have applied it through portraying just the shadows of the form instead of utilising the ink like a pencil.


A 12 minute pose using ink again. The head is out of proportion with the body but I like using the ink to create shadows on the figure.






No comments:

Post a Comment