Thursday 8 November 2012

Storyboard editing.

I've started doing the storyboard sequence and already I've found I've needed to dismiss shots because of the camera's location in the scene.

Below is the original pencil sketch I did to depict the ship sailing away from the burning town. Although the shot establishes the town and the fact that the ship has come from it which in turn leads us to suggest it may have been the cause of the fire, we do not get a sense of the ship's power. The camera tilts slightly down over the deck which gives the illusion the ship is vulnerable and small.

 
The shot below is a better portrayal of the ship's grandeur and power in the waters. This is a pirate script and I need to show the unyielding resistance to the law through the weapon they use to create violence (in this case, the Ship). 

No comments:

Post a Comment