Thursday 29 November 2012

Storyboard- Pirates!

 
I have finally finished my first long-ish storyboard. When I was creating the storyboard I researched various shot styles such as establishing shots (establish the location) and long, medium and close up shots. What I also found was a much quicker and easier way of creating a storyboard thanks to my wonderful Arrietty DVD from Studio Ghibli. After I had watched the film and went back and watched the alternative angle storyboards, I noticed in some frames they had very little background detail, if any when portraying the story. If it was the same shot, they only put all the detail into the first frame of that shot then in the following frames they just focused on the character movement and
expression.
 
 
 




Look at the right hand page and how the final shot in that sequence contains only Sho (the boy).

 
 
 
 
And again on both pages, detail that is repeated isn't added in following frames.
 
 
So, taking inspiration from this, I did the same with my storyboard.



Love the monkey!



No comments:

Post a Comment