Thursday 23 May 2013

Animation Ident

Here is the finished Ident including sound effects.


I found this to be one of the most enjoyable projects I've done so far, possibly because I had more freedom in terms of the content of the animation. The theme relates to the Cornwall area as well, being a fishing town and I could say the colour scheme fits too as I'm yet to see a perfect summer's day!
If I have time to re-work some improvements into the piece, I would say it needs splashes from the fish and the rod hitting the water. However the animation feels very theatrical as the water moves in layers and as entire pieces instead of singular waves so the inclusion of waves could possibly make it less like a theatre production. But I have seen productions where ripped up pieces of paper or cloth have been used to replicate splashes so if I have time I might follow the same technique and use singular shapes to portray this effect.
In terms of the animation, some sections are purposely meant to not have any overlap, such as when he's chasing his rod because I wanted more emphasis to be on the pauses to give a better suggestion of emotion. I wanted to depict that feeling we get when the faster certain events unfold the slower we process what's happening, hence his long pause after he's lost his rod as he's still thinking through what just happened.

sound effects courtesy of freesfx.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment