Friday 3 May 2013

40 frames down, 42 to go.

40 frames down, 42 to go. This is roughly half of the animation for the sea project.

I've taken what I learnt about cel shading and the animation I created from that of the horses and moved it into the production stage of the project. But it's gone a step further and instead of leaving it at a rendered Maya stage, the frames have been taken across to Photoshop for more detailed artwork to be placed on top. It gives the horses a more textured quality and ties in better with our group's watercolour style with the strokes giving the horses a 'watery' effect.

I did originally want to paint over every frame but I know from past experiences that doing so would make the horses and the waves seem like they were flickering. It wouldn't look attractive and it wouldn't be easy to watch so I've reduced the number of frames by animating on 2's. The movement is still fluid but the flickering won't be as erratic.

 
Horses before Photoshop details added.
 
 
 
 
After Photoshop.
 
 
 
First half of the animation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment