Sunday 19 May 2013

3 Backgrounds

Here are my final finished backgrounds.

Complementary colour scheme of blue and orange- Perhaps more definition was required for the buildings in the background because at the moment it just looks like a big fire blazing. Although at that distance it would be difficult to make out shapes if everything was alight.  I think the boat could be darker too, to blend in more with the darkness of the water and sky.

 
I had to take into account where the animation would be and although there is space for motion I think there could be lot less of the decking showing. The scene doesn't have many props which is what's making the composition boring to look at.
 

 
Personally I think this was one of my best pieces- the lighting and shadows is as accurate as I could get them. Perhaps another light was needed in the top right as extra illumination for the globe but I did want to have a definite contrast between light and shadow and I feel the black around the outside acts like a frame to draw the eye towards the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment