Friday 24 May 2013

2D Animation Adaptation

This is the completed animation for the 2D version of the Animation Adaptation Project. I have to say overall I don't think I've done too badly although there is definite improvement needed in the painting of the rocks. They look too textured for an animation background and would completely distract the audience from any character's that would be in the scene. The colouring needs to be simpler with just a few shadows to define the rock's uneven surfaces.


However I've gained more experience working with Toon Boom (I used it in my Foundation Diploma course last year) and I can use it the way it should be used. I'm not entirely interested in working with it on future animations as I still think 3D is the way forward for me but it's not something I'll stop working with altogether because it does have easy navigation and it is enjoyable to dip in and out of 3D from time to time anyway as more exaggeration of anticipation and overlap can be achieved where in 3D it is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment