Wednesday 15 October 2014

Fleshing out

Now that the initial skeletal structure has been mapped out and approved, I've then proceeded to add the muscles, mane, tail and ears. Although the skeleton looked fine I did have to tweak the legs slightly on some frames as I discovered joints were too short in proportion to the figure. Unlike my first animation test, I've animated the ears flopping back and forth in accordance with the gallop motion to put a bit more character into the animal. One note to point out is the head looks slightly too mechanical, as in to say, it doesn't look like the head was re-drawn twelve times for the twelve frames which is what makes a 2D animation look more natural. This is because the head was copied and pasted twelve times and just rotated into the correct position each time. This is deliberate, not accidental because I've found in the past my horse heads increase and decrease in size as it cycles through an animation. It's just a basic guide so when I go to put the final line work over the top, I'm following the same size head each time and won't have to go back and re-size frames later on.
Next up: stripe mechanics.





No comments:

Post a Comment