Saturday 2 November 2013

Set Extension

A bit more complicated than the previous After Effects projects I've done as it involved stabilising the motion of the camera and tracking the motion of static objects as the camera panned around the scene. I had to use two tracking points (one panning, one rotation) for the first half of the shot and use another two tracking points for the second half. This was so I could drop additional objects over the top without them moving with the camera, this included the buildings and replacement sky.

Originally my first render didn't work as the sky was moving slightly with the camera motion. I then learnt I needed to place the tracking points on a distinguishable section of the shot (i.e. a leaf, a dark stone) so the tracker stayed with that object.

Below is the improved render and breakdown of how I got to the finished shot.

Source media from videocopilot.net

No comments:

Post a Comment