Wednesday 13 March 2013

Background styles

Out of the two I chose the first one is definitely not a good style for an animated background. The brush strokes are very rough and there aren't any defining outlines of shapes. It could be a good style for experimental animation where shapes morph into various forms.

Darfield Cornfield

 I used the drawing tablet to create this interpretation. I tried to keep it very rough like the original.
 
Darfield Cornfield

My interpretation
 
The other artist I looked at did the opposite. He focused on detail and I especially liked the one below because the light direction is clear and brightening one spot in the image gives a good focal point.
 

                                                       Frederic Edwin Church- The Iceberg
 
 
My digital interpretation


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment